Does your home need repair? Can't afford to fix the roof? Is your heating system on its last leg? Are your windows old and drafty?
The Penquis Home Repair Program may be able to help you. This program provides funding* for critical home improvements, including work related to:
- Well and septic systems
- Heating and electrical systems
- Roofs and chimneys
- Windows and doors
- Handicap accessibility
- Other health and safety repairs
*Eligible repairs may vary based on the funding source.
In most cases, the cost of repairs cannot exceed $15,000 per home. The funding comes in the form of a deferred, forgivable loan.
- Must meet certain income guidelines (which varies by family size, location, and other criteria).
- Must own your home and the land it sits on.
- Cannot be behind on your property taxes or have liens on the property.
- Cannot have received Penquis home repair services in the past.
- Must provide copies of:
â€“ Proof of household income (paystubs, etc.) for previous 3 monthsâ€“ Bank statements for previous 3 months for all household accountsâ€“ Most recent property tax billâ€“ Most recent homeowners insurance policyâ€“ Property deed (and bill of sale for mobile homes)
For More Information:
To learn more and determine whether you qualify, please contact Rebecca Grant at 207-973-3665 or 1-800-215-4942.
|Join Our Mailing List|