Child Nutrition - CACFP

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded program intended to help child care facilities provide nutritious meals and snacks as part of their organized child care services.

The CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) provides cash reimbursement to child and adult day care providers for serving meals and snacks meeting USDA standards to participants enrolled in care.carrots_no_text.jpg

Our food program recognizes and supports the important role child care homes play in developing the healthy eating habits of young children.

Penquis CACFP is available to certified  child care homes throughout Penobscot, Piscataquis and Knox Counties. We offer monthly reimbursement, nutrition materials, ideas for menu planning and budgeting, an annual workshop and a nutrition newsletter.

For more information, call the Bangor office at 973-3506 or toll-free 1-800-215-4942.

Penquis Child Development does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, handicapping condition or religion. If you feel you, or your child, have been discriminated against, write immediately to the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, DC, 21025.

Funding is provided by the US Department of Agriculture.

Menu A Day

Feed 4 for less than $10

Menu A Day offers 30 healthy dinners for four that cost under $10.

Each menu lists recipes, nutrition information and the grocery list items you’ll need for that week.

Cost and nutrition information are included for main dishes. FMI click on the link:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication of program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint a discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to the USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(202) 690-7442; or


Join Our Mailing List