New Freedom Transportation Services
The New Freedom Transportation service makes it possible for Lynx Mobility Services to bridge a gap in transportation services for individuals with disabilities.
Who is Eligible: Services are available for individuals with disabilities who live in Penobscot and Piscataquis Counties, and who are more than ┬ż of a mile from the fixed route of the City of Bangor's bus system, the Community Connector.
The Cost: The fee for this service is $2.50 for each way.
How Do I Schedule a Trip: Call Lynx at (207) 973-3695 two full business days prior to the date of the trip and provide the following information:
- Time and Date of Appointment
- Complete Physical Address and Phone Number
Hours of Service
Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Tips to Remember:
- If you need personal assistance getting out the door please coordinate with your Personal Care Attendant (PCA) in advance as our drivers can not enter the residence.
- New Freedoms is a shared ride service. Other passengers may be picked up or dropped off along the way.
- A certified PCA may ride with the ADA certified individual at no additional charge.
For more information call 207-973-3695 or 1-866-853-5969 or email@example.com
*Any person who believes that s/he has been subject to discrimination may file a complaint directly to the Penquis Human Resource Manager, Maine Human Rights commission or the US Department of Justice.
Penquis, 262 Harlow St. Bangor, ME, 04401 (207) 973-3575
Maine Human Rights Commission, 19 Union St. Augusta, ME 04330 (207) 624-6290
US Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Ave., DC, 20530 (202 ) 514-4609
|Join Our Mailing List|