Housing Air Sealing Program
Did You Know Air Leaks Can Account for 5-40% of Your Heating /Cooling Costs?
You can reduce your home's heating and cooling costs through proper insulation and air sealing techniques.
If you are motivated and willing to make energy savings improvements on your home but lack the know-how or funds for materials, the Penquis Housing and Energy Servicesâ, âDo-It YourselfâAir Sealing Program CAN HELP!
Using a door blower test this program provides homeowners detailed knowledge of where air leaks are occurring in their homes and helps them develop action steps to stop these air leaks. It also
- Provides educational materials and workshops to demonstrate air sealing techniques.
- Provides a Free Home Energy Audit
- Develops an individualized program for homeowners to address air sealing problems.
- Reimburses for air sealing materials up to $200.
- Provides a follow-up home blower test to evaluate the effectiveness of the measures taken to stop the air leaks, and identify areas for improvement.
To be eligible you must fall within the following income ranges for Penobscot and Piscataquis Counties:
More Income Eligibility and More Information and Tips on the Air Sealing Program Click Here
This program is funded by the John T. Gorman Foundation.
For more information call Michael Bush at 207-973-3545 or 1-800-215-4942, or by email at MBush@penquis.org
|Join Our Mailing List|