Housing - Asbestos
If you suspect that asbestos is present in your home or building, you will need to have professional testing performed in order to confirm such suspicions. Asbestos fibers are invisible to the unaided eye. Penquis has trained inspectors who are able to inspect an area, take samples and determine the concentration of asbestos fibers.
Where Asbestos May Exist In Your Home
- Electrical Appliances, including hair dryers, ironing boards, dryers, and gas-fired fireplaces
- Walls, Floors and Ceilings: textured paints, patching and joint compounds, floor tiles, and window putty, acoustic tiles
- Plumbing and Heating Ducts: pipe insulation and taping on return seams as well as inside vent registers and furnace door gaskets.
- Sprayed-on Fireproof Insulation
- Construction Materials: roof shingles, cement roofing.
Penquis will test your home, give a written report with lab findings and offer remediation solutions. Fees are based on the level of testing required.
For more information, call
207-973-3552 or 1-800-215-4942
|Join Our Mailing List|