Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP)
The Central Heating Improvement Program (CHIP), funded by MaineHousing, provides grants to repair or replace central heating systems that serve low-income households. CHIP funds may only be used to repair or replace dangerous, malfunctioning, or inoperable heating systems that pose a threat to health and safety. Only the primary heating source for the home is eligible for this funding.
- Up to $3,000 may be awarded towards repair or replacement of central heating systems. This benefit is only available to homeowners.
- An award of up to $300 may be available for rental properties occupied by tenants who qualify for the Low-income Heating Assistance Program (LiHEAP).
- Those who apply for LiHEAP are automatically considered for this program.
You may be eligible to receive CHIP funds if:
- Your household is eligible for the Low-income Heating Assistance Program (LiHEAP).
- Your home is in good structural condition.
To Learn More:
For a full description of the eligibility requirements and to determine whether you qualify, contact Shannon Bean at the Bangor office: 207-974-2407 or 1-800-215-4942.
|Join Our Mailing List|