Below is a list of current career opportunities at Penquis. You can view a brief job description and complete the Job Application at the end of each job description.
If you do not want to complete the online application an application form and job description are available from Penquis, 262 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04402; Tel: 973-3500; TDD: 973-3520, from the Penquis offices in Dover-Foxcroft, Lincoln or Rockland.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a smoke-free workplace.
Chief Executive Officer - MaineStream Finance
Date Posted: 02/02/2017
Closing Date: 03/03/2017
MaineStream Finance (MSF) is seeking a highly motivated, experienced leader to oversee a growing Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with over $7 million in total assets. Applicants should have significant financial experience, an entrepreneurial spirit and established relationships with the lending community, ideally in Maine and New England. MSF, a subsidiary of Penquis, provides loans and financial services to low/moderate-income consumers and businesses. Based in Bangor, MaineStream Finance serves clients throughout Maine with offices in Bangor, Dover-Foxcroft, Lincoln and Rockland.
MaineStream Financeâ€™s primary services include home ownership, micro business lending and Family Development Account (FDA) matched savings programs. The home ownership programs include: residential mortgages, home repair loans, home buyer education, and housing counseling. Plus, MSF has a dynamic micro enterprise business program that offers loans, advisory services and business planning courses.
The CEO is responsible for ensuring that MSF meets its mission, goals and objectives within the policies formulated by the board of directors while complying with all funding sources and legal requirements. The CEO oversees all aspects of administration: compliance, lending, portfolio management, fund development, community relations, outreach, and financial education. The CEO will be part of Penquisâ€™ Executive Leadership team, work directly with the Penquis CFO to ensure financial objectives are met, and will report directly to the CEO/President of Penquis working in partnership with the Penquis and MSF Boards.
The selected candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
2. A minimum of 7-10 years banking experience with advancing levels of responsibility.
3. Loan origination and underwriting experience as a commercial, residential or community development lender with strong analytical ability and sound credit skills.
4. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and accounting standards necessary to successfully manage a financial institution.
5. Excellent communication, public speaking and sales skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and finance/loan management software.
6. As required by business necessity, upon hire and routinely thereafter, must have unblemished criminal and civil background checks.
7. Must not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website.
8. Preferred but not required: a) successful experience managing a financial institution or department budget and b) NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator's license.
Applications, letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 3, 2017.
|Join Our Mailing List|