Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full time (40hrs/52wks per year) Associate Development Director. The Associate Development Director will work in concert with the Development Director to lead the Resource Development team, sharing responsibility for planning and implementing fundraising and communications activities for Penquis. This is a hybrid position based out of the Bangor office.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Associate Development Director Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to develop fundraising and communications plans, including strategies and goals.
- Direct oversight of marketing and communication efforts, including advertising, public information and outreach.
- Direct oversight of a comprehensive fundraising program, which aims to increase public and private philanthropic support in alignment with agency goals.
- Build and maintain a unified Penquis presence, including initiating and maintaining relationships with Penquis constituencies.
- Build and maintain a culture of philanthropy amongst staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Manage personnel, supervise assigned staff and implement Penquis policies and procedures.
Associate Development Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business administration or related field and 5-7 years of fundraising experience, which includes staff supervision.
- 2 years of work experience which was supervisory or administrative in nature.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and project management skills.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contact provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off +3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
The salary range for this position is $68,776-$103,164 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Those with related education and experience are encouraged to apply.
In addition to an application, please provide a cover letter and current resume.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.