Having trouble accessing www.christmasisforkids.org?We are here to help. Here are some things you can do try to resolve the issue.
First, make sure you've got the correct address.Sometimes the easiest solution is making sure the address is typed correctly.
The correct website address is www.christmasisforkids.org
Alternatively, the Penquis URL is www.penquis.org/cifk
No luck? Try clearing your cache.Residual cache or cookies on your device might be interfering with your ability to access the website.
Follow these steps for your browser to clear your cache and retry the connection.
Google Chrome1. Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner).
2. Select History.
3. Select Clear Browsing Data from the left-hand side.
Set the Time Range to All Time.
Check-mark Cookies and other site data and Cached imaged and files and select Clear Data.
4. If you're on a Windows computer, close and re-open Chrome to save your changes.
If you're on a macOS computer, go to the Chrome menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
On Android, close the Chrome app or restart your device.
Mozilla Firefox1. Click on the Tools bar.
2. Click on Options (On macOS, it's labeled Preferences. On Android, it's Settings).
3. On the menu to the left, select or scroll down to Privacy & Security.
4. Under the Cookies and Site Data option, click the Clear Data... button. (Delete browsing data on Android.)
5. Check-mark Cookies and Site Data (Cookies on Android) and check-mark Cached Web Content (Cached images and files on Android) and click Clear (Delete browsing data on Android.)
6. If you're on a Windows computer, close and re-open Firefox to save your changes.
If you're on a macOS computer, go to the Firefox menu on the top menu bar and select Quit for the changes to take effect.
On Android, close the Firefox app or restart your device.
Safari for macOS1. Click on Safari on the top menu bar.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Click the Privacy tab.
4. Click Manage Website Data...
5. Click Remove All.
6. Click Remove Now.
7. Go to the Safari menu on the top menu bar.
8. Select Quit to close Safari and save your changes.
Microsoft Edge for Windows 101. Click the Tools menu (three dotted lines in the upper-right corner), and open the Settings menu.
2. Click Privacy, search, and services on the left-side menu.
3. Under the section Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear.
4. Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
5. Click Clear Now.
6. Close Microsoft Edge completely for your changes to take effect.
Internet Explorer for Windows1. Click on the Settings menu in the upper-right corner.
2. Click Internet options.
3. Under the General tab on the upper-left-hand side, scroll down to Browsing history.
4. Select Delete...
5. Check the Temporary Internet files and website files, Cookies and website data, History, and Download History boxes.
6. Select Delete.
7. Close Internet Explorer and reopen it for changes to take effect.
Safari for iOS1. Go to the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down to the Safari menu.
3. Scroll down and select Clear History and Website Data.
4. A pop-up will appear verifying that you want to clear the History and Data.
Select Clear History and Data.
5. The button for Clear History and Website Data will lturn gray when cache and cookies have been successfully cleared.
Google Chrome for iOS1. Open Google Chrome on your iOS device.
2. Click on the menu toolbar in the bottom right corner.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Privacy.
5. Select Cookies, Site Data, and Cached Images and Files.
At the top, set the Time Range to All Time.
6. Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom of the screen.
7. Confirm by clicking Clear Browsing Data again.