Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for more than 50 years, is recruiting for a clinical therapist for its Family Enrichment Services Department’s Youth Victims of Crime program. Based in our Bangor office, this full time, 40 hour/week (benefits eligible) position is responsible for providing counseling for youth up to age 18 who are victims of crime as a result of the opioid crisis. Responsibilities include:
- Working with youth to establish rapport and orchestrate appropriate treatment plans
- Networking with area providers and community members to identify available resources, services, and service gaps in order to help build a comprehensive community response
- Facilitating support groups by selecting appropriate meeting topics and encouraging interaction and participation
- Identifying and facilitating recreational group opportunities through area organizations such as YMCA, Parks and Recreation, and others
- Assisting in developing and delivering a training curriculum for providers, parents, and community members to provide a robust community response for the target population
- Referral to appropriate community providers and resources
- Maintaining appropriate documentation to meet federal grant regulations
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Development, or other directly related field; full or conditional LCSW or LCPC licensure; experience working with high-risk adolescents and youth, valid Maine driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation. Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel preferred. Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must have background check results that are satisfactory to Penquis and indicate no previous or current record of involvement with child abuse, neglect or exploitation and no disqualifying criminal record or motor vehicle record as outlined in current contract provisions.
An application form and job description is available on our website at www.penquis.org, or at Penquis, 262 Harlow Street, Bangor, Maine 04401; Tel: 973-3500; TDD: 973-3520, from the Penquis offices in Dover-Foxcroft, Rockland, or Lincoln. In addition to a completed application please include a resumé and cover-letter stating your reason for your interest in the position. Applications will be accepted until September 13th at 4pm.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a smoke-free workplace.Apply Today