Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full-time 40 hours – one weekend day (4 days a week) 8am – 6:30pm (benefits eligible) Dietary Coordinator at Freeses Assisted Living Facility. As the Dietary Coordinator, you are responsible for the food service, completing all aspects of the planning of dining room meals, including assessing resident likes and dislikes, menu planning, ordering supplies, cooking and preparation of meals, implementation of food safety and sanitation procedures, and inventory control.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Dietary Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assess residents’ dietary needs and preferences at time of admission and on a regular basis.
- Utilize approved menus, assuring that overall nutritional requirements are met, and that any special dietary restrictions are considered in meal preparation.
- Order food, paper goods, and related supplies from purveyors and local stores, according to current inventory and within budgetary guidelines.
- Follow purchase order procedures. Check in deliveries confirming that ordered items are received, returning unordered or damaged items.
- Use My Plate for Older Adults guidelines and Registered Dietician recommendations to assure all meals meet required nutritional recommendations, Understand and use proper portion control to meet recommended dietary allowance for adults. Provide menus one month in advance to agencies for which meals are provided
Dietary Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and 1-2 years paid experience working in a kitchen cooking in quantity.
- Experience in purchasing and inventory control.
- Current Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantity food production and ability to use small and large kitchen equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide and maintain the State of Maine legal amount of liability insurance. Reliable, insured transportation.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contact provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- Extra Pay working on Holidays
- Birthday Holiday!
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
The rate of pay for this position starts at $16.41 per hour, and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience. Those with related education and experience are encouraged to apply.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.