Are you a compassionate, energetic person, who likes to have fun and wants to make a difference in the lives of others. As a Direct Support Professional, you will help people develop relationships, achieve their goals and maintain their independence both in the community and in residential settings.
Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, has the following Direct Care Professional opening in the Bangor and Dover Foxcroft areas. Offering a flexible work schedule, an excellent benefit package, paid training for all required certifications, on the job training and support.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Location: Dover Foxcroft, Maine
Direct Care Professional Responsibilities:
- Teaches living skills, per treatment plan.
- Objectively documents on required forms or electronic records.
- Promotes problem solving activities to in developing and maintaining supports necessary to manage client’s needs
- Takes responsibility for the overall cleanliness of the home. Plans, shops for, and prepares well-balanced meals as required.
- Transports clients to Day Programs and other community locations.
Direct Care Professional Requirements:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have or be willing to learn computer skills in order to use agency programs and applications as needed.
- Must have valid Maine driver’s license.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- Extra Pay working on Holidays
- Birthday Holiday!
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The starting rate of pay for the Direct Care Professional position is $16.10/hour and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a smoke-free workplace.APPLY NOW