Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full time (40hrs/52wks per year) Events Coordinator. The Events Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Penquis-sponsored events as well as the agency’s participation in community events. In concert with Penquis staff, you plan and implement a variety of events as assigned, including fundraising events, community conferences and forums, live and virtual meetings, groundbreaking and ribbon cutting ceremonies, and events for staff, volunteers, and clients. This is a hybrid position based out of the Bangor office.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Events Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an annual events calendar and associated work plans to support the planning and implementation of numerous varied events.
- Coordinate event planning and implementation with Penquis staff and systems, and with community partners, as appropriate.
- Support staff, community partners, donors, clients, volunteers, and vendors in event-related matters.
- In concert with Resource Development staff, work with the business and nonprofit sectors to secure funding, resources, and participation in Penquis events as required.
- Coordinate event logistics, including site selection/reservation, videoconferencing, audio visual equipment, food and beverage service, rental equipment, seating, decorations, event set up, and post-event clean up.
- Design and prepare communication materials specific to events, including invitations, brochures, signage, posters, advertisements, tickets, and receipts, that align with Penquis’s branding guidelines.
Events Coordinator Requirements:
- Associates Degree and at 3-5 years related work experience.
- Combination of training and experience that demonstrates capability of organizing and carrying out the tasks described above.
- Willingness to travel and reliable, insured transportation.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with community and committees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contact provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off +3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
The rate of pay for this position starts at $20.95 per hour, and additionalcompensation may be given consideration with relevant experience. Those with related education and experience are encouraged to apply.
In addition to an application, please provide a cover letter and current resume
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.