MaineStream Finance, a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) which is a subsidiary of Penquis, is seeking a highly motivated finance or real estate experienced applicant looking to make a tangible difference in our community, particularly for low-income families. This position will be responsible for supporting MaineStream’s Loan Officer in underwriting, closing and servicing single-family, home mortgage loans. Duties will include managing documents, data and correspondence related to loan applications, underwriting requests, closing loans, disbursing funds, and monitoring the performance of loans and borrowers. An important responsibility will be ensuring the accuracy of loan information within the organization’s data management systems as well as mastering and optimizing the use of those systems to track and report on loan portfolio performance. The Loan Administrator will also support the team with document/file management, compliance, and reporting to capital sources and regulators.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and background. Extreme attention to detail and a strong commitment to MaineStream’s mission will carry the most weight for applicants being invited to join our team.
- At least two years of experience with administration in the financial, legal, or real estate industries or related paid work experience and/or education;
- outstanding attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical, logical and problem solving skills; demonstrated success in building and maintaining individual and organizational relationships;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- sound time management; organizational skills; ability to coordinate complex activities; ability to prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines;
- computer proficiency and experience, including database management, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software;
- a demonstrated commitment to the MaineStream Finance’s mission
The starting rate of pay for the Loan Administrator position is $17.38/hr and additional compensation will be given consideration with relevant experience.
An application form and job description are available to apply online at www.penquis.org/loan-administrator, from Penquis, 262 Harlow Street, P.O. Box 1162, Bangor, ME 04402-1162, Tel: 973-3500, TDD: 973:3520, or from our offices in Lincoln, Rockland, and Dover-Foxcroft. Applications will be accepted until July 12, 2019.
In accordance with federal regulations, MaineStream Finance does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. MaineStream Finance is a tobacco and smoke free workplace.Apply Today