For those who cannot drive or do not have a reliable vehicle, everyday life needs such as going to the doctor, grocery shopping, banking, or visiting friends can be a significant challenge, particularly in rural areas. However, Penquis Transportation Services can help, offering transportation for MaineCare covered trips and transportation for those without MaineCare, we can help get you there.
MaineCare Covered Transportation
Penquis Transportation Brokerage coordinates all rides for MaineCare appointments in the Penobscot, Piscataquis, Kennebec, and Somerset counties. We utilize the Lynx Mobility Services, volunteer drivers, taxi services, the Community Connector, and offer reimbursement for friends and family.
For general questions regarding MaineCare covered trips for Kennebec and Somerset including scheduling, cancellations and reimbursements call: 207-973-3605 or 1-844-736- 7847.
If you need to make a formal complaint about a MaineCare covered transportation services, please call:
Below you will find the Reimbursement Forms and the various Reimbursement Schedules
Other Transportation Services
For those who cannot drive or do not have a reliable vehicle, everyday life needs such as going to the doctor, grocery shopping, banking, or visiting friends can be a significant challenge, particularly in rural areas. However, Penquis Transportation Services can help, offering transportation to MaineCare covered trips and transportation for those without MaineCare, we can help get you there.
General public transportation is available at least one day a week to every town in the Penobscot and Piscataquis counties. Fees, hours, and days of service depend on where an individual resides and the town to which they are traveling. Two full business days’ notice is also required.
Penquis Lynx provides a variety of transportation throughout the Penobscot and Piscataquis counties. We provide transportation for the general public and have funding sources that allow us to provide transportation at no cost or for a small fee. For more information please call 973-3695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Can I Go?
- Medical appointments
- Visiting Family and Friends
Who is Eligible?
Penquis currently has funding to provide transportation. Funding is generously provided by Maine DOT, DHHS, John T. Gorman, and The Maine Cancer Foundation.
The following are eligible to receive transportation:
- The general public
- Those needing cancer treatment
- Those needing dialysis treatment
- People with disabilities
- People with a mental health diagnosis (see TAP form in downloads below)
- Individuals with low income
What does it cost?
- Depending on available funding, many trips are free or have a small fee ranging from $0.50 – $7.00 per one-way trip.
Schedule – All trips need to be scheduled three business days in advance of the trip.
- For general public schedule, see our General Public Brochure
- Wheelchair accessibility vehicles are available on Monday – Friday from 7:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. They are not available on holidays, but we also use volunteer drivers and taxis during the days, evenings, and on weekends.
- In cases of inclement weather, tune into your local news station for cancellations.
Downloads / Forms
- TAP Application
- No Show Policy
- Reimbursement Log for Lynx
- Lynx Carry-On Policy
- Low Income Application
- General Public Brochure
Contact information for non-MaineCare covered services