Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking 2 temporary full-time (40 hours/week for approximately 20 to 26 weeks; benefits eligible) Tax Site Coordinators to fill vacancies within our Housing & Energy Services Department in Bangor. These positions are in person and will travel to various tax sites as assigned throughout our coverage area. Primary assigned office location will start in Bangor and may change based on assigned territory. These positions have the option to be hybrid with daily travel to tax site locations. Preferably candidate will live in or near the following towns: Bangor, Belfast, Calais, Dover Foxcroft, Eastport, Ellsworth, Lincoln and Machias.
Tax Site Coordinator Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program activities throughout Washington, Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Waldo counties.
- Recruiting and ensuring volunteers are certified to prepare tax returns and other assigned volunteer duties.
- Member of the Eastern Maine CA$H Coalition promoting tax assistance and financial stability.
- Complete reports throughout the tax season, assist with meeting the projected goals for the season, assist with volunteer training, maintain volunteer schedules and track volunteer hours.
- Maintain all tax filer’s records in various tax programs used; Answer all tax related questions for tax filers and volunteers; Educate tax filers on financial stability & community resources.
Tax Site Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of work experience.
- Able to pass and be certified in IRS trainings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a valid Maine Driver’s License and use of a reliable vehicle insured to State requirements.
- Must be able to manage multiple sites simultaneously and multiple volunteers.
- Must be able to set up all technical equipment (laptops, printers, scanners, etc.) at the tax sites and be able to trouble shoot when any potential issues may arise regarding the technical equipment.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Reimbursement available
The rate of pay for this position starts at $20.34 per hour, and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.