Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours/week; benefits eligible) Financial Analyst to assist the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Finance Director (FD) in all functional areas and have primary responsibility for financial contract management, reporting and analysis of Agency and program financial information. This is a hybrid position based out of the Bangor office.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards including comparison to budget, prior year, variance, and percent variance.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to funding sources.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Oversee that all billings are completed timely, usually within seven days, and collected promptly, with special attention to balances over 60 days.
- Oversee assigned area(s) of Accounts Payable invoices for appropriate program approval, general ledger account numbers, and budgeted amounts; also ensure that vendor invoices are properly matched to agency purchase orders and are clerically correct.
- Ensure that monthly vendor statements are reconciled to agency outstanding invoices and notify the Finance Director of differences to ensure resolution with vendors on a timely basis.
- Assist CFO and others with special projects.
Financial Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree business administration, accounting or related field, and 5-7 years of business finance or other relevant experience.
- Understanding/knowledge of computerized payroll, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budgeting.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills. Must be able to work independently and adjust priorities as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contact provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The salary range for this position is $ 58,840-$85,260 commensurate with experience and qualifications. Those with related education and experience are encouraged to apply.
In addition to an application, please provide a cover letter and current resume
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.