Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a is currently seeking a Visit Support Worker who is able to work a flexible schedule. The hours would be based upon the caseload ranging from 30-40hrs per week. As the Visit Support Worker, you will provide supportive visitation for families working toward family reunification. Providing a safe and supportive environment for family visits, building on the strengths of individual family members, and assisting with resources and tools to enhance parenting skills and promote positive parent and child interactions.
Location: Lincoln, Maine
Visit Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Supervise visits according to court orders, DHHS requirements, private pay agreements, or other relevant agreements.
- Provide parent education through role modeling good parenting skills and teaching parenting alternatives.
- Relay necessary information to or between the child(ren)’s parents relevant to the child’s welfare at the commencement and conclusion of the supervised visit.
- Intervene when appropriate to ensure the safety and welfare of the child, inclusive of terminating the visit when necessary.
- Provide service in the office, community, or homes of the clients at hours which meet client needs, including evenings and weekends.
Visit Support Worker Requirements:
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 6 months of previously documented experience working with children and families.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills. Computer proficiency and experience.
- Reliable, insured transportation and have proof of automobile insurance.
- upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The rate of pay for this position starts at $17.07 per hour, and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience. Those with related education and experience are encouraged to apply.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.