Do you love working with children, youth and young adults?
Penquis is hiring and training individuals to become certified Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP) to work with individuals ages 1 to 20. As a BHP you have the opportunity to design your schedule to match with a client’s needs. BHP shifts are typically 3 to 5-hour afternoon or early evening shifts during the school year with flex time on the weekends and vacations.
Location: Skowhegan, Maine
Anson/Bingham, Skowhegan/Madison, Hartland/St. Albans and Waterville/Winslow areas.
- Playing board or card games to teach directions or to appropriately handle the emotions that come from not winning.
- Watching video clips to practice non-verbal cues.
- Going to the playground to teach safety skills or how to initiate and maintain positive friendships.
- Going to a store to teach money skills or independent interactions with store personnel.
- Choosing and following a recipe to practice meal planning and cooking skills.
- Helping with big emotions, learn how to self-soothe, or ask for help.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have valid Maine driver’s license in good standing with reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
- Must have access to a cell phone or smart phone.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications-BHP certification, First Aid/CPR, Safety Care, Trauma Informed Care, Mandated Reporter.
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The starting rate of pay for the Behavioral Health Professional is $16.41 per hour and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package and competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-973-3500 (TDD: 207-973-3520). Please apply by clicking the APPLY TODAY button below.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace. #BHP