Part of the Behavioral Health Home Team
Location: Bangor, Maine
Location: Dover Foxcroft, Maine
Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a part time (30 hours, 5 days/week M-F daytime hrs.) Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) to fill a vacancy within our Family Enrichment Services/ Behavioral Health Home team.
Peer Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Apply the tools developed in own recovery as well as the philosophy and values, to build a connection while participating as an active member of the Behavioral Health Home (BHH) Team.
- While maintaining appropriate boundaries, serve as a role model, sharing what skills, strengths, supports and resources that have been helpful in your own or family recovery, as well as modeling the likelihood of recovery to colleagues.
- Assist clients in identifying personal goals and understanding their rights and responsibilities as recipients of mental health services.
- Provide access to recovery tools available to peers (books, internet, social networking, pamphlets, etc.) as appropriate.
Peer Support Specialist Requirements:
- Individual who is receiving or has received services and supports related to the diagnosis of a mental illness, is in recovery from that illness and who is willing to self-identify on this basis with BHH members.
- must have State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification or receive Provisional CIPSS Certification within nine (9) months of hire date.
- High school diploma or equivalent and up to 12 months of work experience.
- Meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain certification.
- Available to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the client and families.
- Must have a valid State of Maine driver’s license in good standing and reliable insured transportation.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The rate of pay for this position starts at $17.07 per hour, and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.