Are you interested in helping others improve the efficiency of energy in their homes?
Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours/week; benefits eligible) Energy Auditor. The Energy Auditor will perform detailed energy audits, specifying needed corrections and improvements, in accordance with industry protocols.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Energy Auditor Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed energy audits.
- Determine measures to be accomplished and help customers determine priorities, utilizing best practice energy saving technologies and testing equipment
- Complete accurate energy audit reports.
- Offer training and technical assistance to clients and contractors during work progress.
- Perform quality control inspections and coordinate work with contractors, landlords and other involved parties, as necessary.
Energy Auditor Requirements:
- High School Diploma, 2-3 years related work experience in related field.
- BPI Building Analyst – Professional certification within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to provide adequate insured transportation.
- Excellent communication skills & Computer proficiency.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must have background check results that are satisfactory to Penquis and indicate no previous or current record of involvement with child abuse, neglect or exploitation and no disqualifying criminal record or motor vehicle record as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The starting rate of pay for the Energy Auditor position is $19.74 per hour and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package and competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. For more information email: email@example.com or call 207-973-3500 (TDD: 207-973-3520). Please apply by clicking the APPLY TODAY button below.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.