Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full-time (40 hours/week; benefits eligible) Family and Community Support Coordinator based in Rockland within the Housing and Energy Services Department.
Location: Rockland, Maine
The successful applicant will provide intake and assessment for Penquis’ Home Energy Assistance Program, work with clients towards reducing the household’s energy dependency through assessing their needs, providing energy education, determining program eligibility and with client participation developing short- and long-term plans toward family and client well-being. This position also works to develop and strengthen relationships with other providers to increase coordination of services and resources available to clients.
Family and Community Support Coordinator Requirements:
- Associates degree in Social Work or related field.
- Three to five years of successful experience working with individuals and families.
- Working knowledge of resources for low-income individuals; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insured reliable transportation.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off-3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
The rate of pay for this position starts at $20.34 per hour, and additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying on line at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.