Competitive “tax free” Stipend
Make a difference in someone’s life from the comfort of your own home while earning a
competitive “tax free” stipend!
Location: Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
Shared Living Providers are independent contractors who choose to share their home and
life with an individual who has an intellectual or developmental disability. Penquis, a
nonprofit organization, is one of nearly 1,100 community action agencies across the United
States and one of ten in Maine. Through its programs and subsidiaries, Penquis impacts all
of Maine’s sixteen counties, but primarily serves individuals in Penobscot, Piscataquis and
Knox counties. Penquis has been committed to serving individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities for over 14 years.
Do you have the time, space, energy and compassion to make a difference in someone’s life?
If you answered, “Yes or I’d like to know more,” then we would love the opportunity to talk
• Shared Living Providers are carefully screened and selected. The selected Provider
and any adult living in the home must pass comprehensive background checks per
• Shared Living arrangements are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of
an individual and the family by intentional matching.
• The individual you welcome into your home must have their own bedroom.
• Shared Living Providers encourage and welcome the individual to join in family
activities and the individual benefits from the host family’s connections to the
• In addition to the daily stipend, the Shared Living Provider will receive a monthly
room and board payment from the person to take care of added expenses.
• Penquis offers a highly competitive contract as well as a number of training
Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent, clean driver’s license and insured
reliable transportation. Current DSP or the ability to obtain your DSP, First Aid/ CPR,
medication certifications are helpful but Penquis will help the right person to obtain these
certifications upon signed contract.
For more information about the Shared Living Program please contact Christine Rice
at 207-924-4151 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org #HP