Join our Team! Penquis, a social services agency serving Penobscot, Piscataquis, and Knox counties for over 50 years, is currently seeking a full time (40 hour per week/52 weeks) Weatherization Installer to conduct weatherization and associated carpentry updates in client’s homes based on the results of completed energy audits.
Location: Bangor, Maine
Weatherization Installer Responsibilities:
- Install insulation and other energy conservation materials as directed by project specifications using proper tools and utilizing blower door technology.
- Perform work on ladders and staging and in confined spaces, such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Safely operate hand tools and power tools.
- Accomplish high level of workmanship, exceeding building standards.
- Ensure change orders are properly documented, reporting results to supervisor.
- Safely operate assigned Agency vehicle and complete Agency Vehicle maintenance log.
Weatherization Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in building trades.
- Ability to provide adequate insured transportation.
- Valid Maine driver’s license.
- Ability to acquire necessary certifications and licenses.
- Upon hire and periodically thereafter, must comply with Penquis background check requirements with satisfactory results as outlined in current contract provisions.
Excellent Benefits Package: (benefit eligible)
- 14 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time off +3 Days upon hire
- Paid training for all required certifications
- Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Incentives
Current rate of pay for this position starts at $18.80 per hour additional compensation may be given consideration with relevant experience.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Penquis offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and opportunities for educational advancement, certification, and coursework. Join our team by applying online at www.penquis.org or contact us at 973-3500 (TDD: 973:3520) or by email at email@example.com to request an application and job description.
In accordance with federal regulations, Penquis does not discriminate. Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified persons with disabilities. Penquis is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.